Cedar River Dam. This wooden dam was replaced by one of concrete about 1915. This view looking north toward the CGW RR bridge shows the Waverly Brewery at the left behind the trees, the condensery at the end of the bridge and the sugar beet factory in the center. At far right below the bridge is a spot used by swimmers to jump in of climb out of the river.
Comments:
Cedar River Dam. This wooden dam was replaced by one of concrete about 1915. This view looking north toward the CGW RR bridge shows the Waverly Brewery at the left behind the trees, the condensery at the end of the bridge and the sugar beet factory in the center. At far right below the bridge is a spot used by swimmers to jump in of climb out of the river.
Additional photographs and resources can be found at the Waverly Public Library on the local and family history page http://www.waverlyia.com/public-library/research/local-and-family-history-collection.aspx Accession No. 90N0003.